I believe that the concept behind the statement, "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself,” is very important in our ability to offer the best possible outcome for our clientele. AS a health care professional, or patients come to us for an explanation and thorough understanding of the improvement programs we present to them. Therefore, I do believe it is my responsibility as a health care professional to implement practices in my life that offer me a better understanding of psychological, physical and spiritual wellness. By taking the opportunity to implement different types of practices, then disciplining myself in those that work for my specific situation, I will have a better understanding of providing guidance to others as they seek optimal flourishing.
Autumn,
ReplyDeleteCertainly, it would be very hard for a practitioner to advise such acts if he or she isn't personally familiar with them. I'm glad you have found the time to practice this exercise everyday this week.
I thought it was interesting to read how a practitioner should focus on their patient as if they are working with Christ or Buddha himself. It's an interesting perspective to better understand each individuals uniqueness as well as divinity. Great blog!
~Thomas
Excellent explanation Autumn. I agree with you, we do owe the best to our patients because they are coming to us and trusting us with their care and we should not take that likely. So it only stands to reason that we implement these principles and concepts in our own lives. That is the first step toward providing excellent care.
ReplyDeleteGreat response!
Great point made in your blog. I agree that having the discipline to implement meditation and other wellness practices are important as a practitioner. You should not advise what you yourself do not do.
ReplyDeleteI too enjoyed the meditation exercise this week and found the effects beneficial.
Alison